Back to Top
May 02, 2023
Zip lines and canopy tours are a popular form of outdoor recreation, but they can also be dangerous if they are not properly inspected and maintained by a qualified person. The wire rope, support structures and operating equipment and gear are the most critical components of a zip line, and they need to be checked regularly for signs of wear and tear.
Wire Rope Inspection
The wire rope on a zip line is subject to a lot of stress, and it can break if it is not properly maintained. The following are some things to look for when inspecting the wire rope:
- Any signs of wear or damage, such as fraying, kinks, or rust.
- A decrease in the diameter of the rope.
- A change in the color of the rope.
- Any knots or other imperfections in the rope.
- If you find any of these problems, the wire rope should be replaced immediately.
Support Structure Inspection
The support structures