- February 14, 2020
Belay devices are essential pieces of equipment for rock climbers, ropes course staff, zip line guides, rappellers, and others who work or recreate in high places. They are used to control the rope and prevent falls while climbing or ascending. There are many different types of belay devices available, each with its own advantages and disadvantages.
- Tubular belay devices are the most common type of belay device. They are simple to use and can be used for a variety of applications. Tubular belay devices work by creating friction on the rope as it passes through the device. This friction helps to control the rope and prevent falls.
- Assisted braking belay devices are a type of belay device that helps to reduce the risk of a fall. Assisted braking devices have a mechanism that automatically locks the rope in place if a fall occurs. This can help to prevent serious injury or death.
- Figure-8 descenders are a
- November 17, 2019
A rope ascender is a mechanical device that allows you to move up a rope. It is a vital piece of equipment for rock climbers, tree climbers, arborists, ropes course installers, challemnge course technitians, zip line inspectors and other workers who need to ascend ropes for fun or for work.
There are many different types of rope ascenders available, so it is important to choose one that is right for your needs. Some factors to consider when selecting an ascender include:
- The type of rope you will be using. Ascenders are designed to work with specific types of ropes. Make sure to choose an ascender that is compatible with the type and size of rope you will be using.
- The weight capacity of the ascender. Ascenders have different weight capacities, so make sure to choose one that can support your weight and teh weight of any materials and tools connecteed to you or the ascender.
- The type of locking mechanism. Ascenders have different types of