Monthly Archives: November 2018
- November 21, 2018
A pulley is a simple machine that uses a rope and a grooved wheel to lift heavy objects. Pulleys are used in a variety of applications, including cranes, hoists, and elevators, but are also common pieces of hardware and equipment used on challeng coursses, aerial adventure parks and ziplines for rigging, element construction and emergancy rescue.
The parts of a pulley are:
- Grooved wheel: The grooved wheel is the heart of the pulley. It is the part that the rope is wrapped around.
- Axle: The axle is the central shaft of the pulley. It is what the wheel rotates on.
- Bearings: The bearings support the axle and allow it to rotate freely.
- Rope: The rope is what is used to lift the object. It is wrapped around the grooved wheel.
- Sheave: The sheave is the name for the grooved wheel.
When choosing a pulley,