Head Rush zipSTOP Zip Line Braking System
Head Rush zipSTOP Braking System
The Head Rush zipSTOP Zip Line Braking System is revolutionizing the zip line experience!
What is the best brake system for your zip line? Head Rush's zipSTOP Zip Line Braking System! It uses a self-regulating eddy current magnetic braking system to brake zip line riders smoothly, comfortably, and consistently. The zipSTOP uses a self-regulating magnetic braking system to brake zip line participants safely and comfortably. With the ability to brake participants safely at high velocities, the zipSTOP fills a critical need for your zip line operations. The end result is happy customers, higher throughput and an increase to your bottom line.
The zipSTOP brake device is easy to operate, has no downtime due to weather, and provides consistent zip line braking for a wide range of rider weights (33-330 lbs.). The zipSTOP is best suited for rider's arrival speeds of 4 to 22 mph (See below for more information or 2:1 and 3:1).
*Higher rated working velocities require that the zipSTOP device be utilized in conjunction with a reduction line assembly.
- Rated Working Capacity: 15 to 150 kg (33 to 330 lbs)
- Device Weight: 23.5 kg (52 lbs)
- Model Number: ZS125-08
- Warranty: 2 years
zipSTOP Rated Working Velocity:
- 6 to 36 kph (4 to 22 mph) utilizing a direct 1:1 load
- 10 to 60 kph (6 to 37 mph) utilizing a 2:1 reduction line*
- 60+ kph (37+ mph), utilizing 3:1 and greater reduction*
*Higher rated working velocities require that the zipSTOP device be utilized in conjunction with a reduction line assembly. The specifications noted are valid only when installed as part of that system.
- Type: Nylon/Spectra Webbing
- Width: 19 mm (3/4 in)
- Thickness: 2.5 mm (.1 in)
- Breaking load (new): 15.6 kN (3507 lbf)
- Meets ASTM F24 Standards
The assembly includes:
- zipSTOP Zip Line Brake device
- Brake trolley
- Mounting bracket
- Key zipSTOP Benefits:
- Eddy current braking technology adjusts automatically to ensure a smooth rider deceleration.
- Allows for a wide variety of rider weights and speeds.
- Automatically resets after each rider, minimizing human error.
- Helps mitigate risk by removing human error from the rider or guides.
- Low cost of ownership, including an annual recertification at $399 and replacement of sacrificial wear parts.
- Able to withstand outdoor environments and work consistently in any conditions.
Why use the zipStop Brake Trolley rather than a standard brake block?
The zipSTOP Brake Trolley is engineered for a fine balance. It is able to handle the abuse of heavy impact collisions, yet light enough to increase the odds of reliable reset. Heavier systems (or those with higher built-in friction) will result in the increased frequency of manual reset. And, while you should always have an attendant check that the line resets after each use, this reliability will increase safety.
The act of rider/brake trolley impact can be loud and unsettling to participants, unless an effective bumper system is employed. The zipSTOP Brake trolley employs a highly shock absorptive sacrificial bumper that is easily replaced when it wears. This ensures the best possible rider experience.
How does the zipSTOP reset?
The zipSTOP reset is an automatic function which is both quick and reliable when configured correctly in a standard 1:1 or 2:1 configuration. It works on a simple spring mechanism which retracts webbing back into the unit once the rider has dismounted, readying the brake for usage again. On the rare occasion that obstructions may have prevented this reset, a quick visual inspection and manual reset is required prior to each ride. Obstructions may include supplementary lines or other objects that have become tangled in the system, preventing webbing from retracting.
How durable is the zipSTOP?
The zipSTOP is extremely durable under “normal” operational usage of a high speed commercial zip line facility. The zipSTOP itself is designed to be weather resistant and remain operational even under extreme environmental conditions.
The non-contact braking technology means that the unit has very few parts that will wear out. The casing which is made of aluminum alloy and internal parts which are made Zinc plated steel are both durable and water resistant. Rather than a having a completely sealed unit the zipSTOP has been intentionally designed to allow water to pass through without affecting operational performance. The line coming from the zipSTOP is 20 mm Nylon Spectra webbing and is also field replaceable. The brake trolley has an Aluminum Alloy casing, steel wheels and a sacrificial elastomer bumper. It is designed for a maximum speed of 100 kph (62 mph).
Having trouble deciding between the zipSTOP and zipSTOP IR? Take a look at the chart below.
|Capacity||15-150 kg (33-330 lbs.)||15-150 kg (33-330 lbs.)|
|Device Weight||23.5 kg (52 lbs.)||23.5 kg (52 lbs.)|
|Webbing Length||12.5 meters (41 ft.)||20 meters (65 ft.)|
|Webbing Breaking Load||15.6 kN (3,507 lbs.)||22 kN (4,946 lbs.)|
|Reduction Line?||Yes, reduction lines recommended over certain speeds(see below)||No, reduction lines cannot be used with the IR|
|Rated Working Velocity||6-36 km/h (4-22 mph) = 1:1 reduction ratio
10-60 km/h (6-37 mph) = 2:1 reduction ratio
60+ km/h (37+ mph) = Call us for more details
|6-60 km/h (4-37 mph)
60+ km/h (37+ mph) = Call us for more details
- Impact Trolley – designed for zip line impact braking, providing smoother braking, enhanced rider experience, reduced cable wear, and decreased rider risk
- Pivot Mount – to make your zipSTOP installation easier and more efficient, allowing for smoother braking, reduced webbing wear, and improved line retraction
- Redirection Pulley – created for use with small diameter rope, it is lightweight, corrosion-resistant and engineered to be virtually resistant to snagging
- Gorilla Rope – simply the best small diameter (6mm) rope on the market, with high strength, a long life span, and minimal stretch in zip line use
|Manufacturer||Head Rush Technologies|