Petzl Am'D Carabiner
Petzl Am'D Carabiner
Petzl Am'D Triact-Lock Carabiner (Fall 2010) FEATURES of the Am'D Triact-Lock Carabiner by Petzl D-shape has the highest strength-to-weight ratio of all carabiner designs Keylock system Available with manual locking system (SCREW-LOCK) or auto-locking systems (BALLLOCK, TRIACT-LOCK) Perfectly suited for use with belay devices due to its symmetric shape on both ends of the carabiner SPECIFICATIONS: 3-year guarantee Weight: 74 g Material: aluminum 7000 Strength: Major axis: 28 kn, open gate: 8 kn, cross-loaded: 7 kn Gate opening: 21 mm ALL CLIMBING SALES ARE FINAL.
Add security to your climbing anchors with the Petzl Am'D Triact Locking Carabiner. Take your pick of Petzl's Screw-Lock, Ball-Lock, or Triact-Lock gate to perfectly match your preference. The Am'D Carabiner also has a snag-free keylock gate to assure it never snags on gear when you're building a solid anchor at the top of the pitch you just climbed.
Bottom Line: Get auto-locking security and keylock convenience with the Petzl Am'D Triact Carabiner.
- Specially adapted for attaching equipment (rope clamps, etc.)
- For use at the end of a lanyard
- Excellent strength-to-weight ratio
- Keylock system helps prevent snagging of the carabiner during maneuvers
- Red indicator provides a visual warning when the carabiner is unlocked (on SCREW-LOCK version)
BALL-LOCK locking-system information
Dear Petzl customers,
We have identified a quality issue with a limited number of the M34 BL Am'D BALL-LOCK and M36 BL WILLIAM BALL-LOCK carabiners with the new metal locking sleeve: the sleeve may be unlocked without pressing the green button, so the locking system acts as a TWIST-LOCK, instead of a BALL-LOCK. Following testing and analysis of current stock, we believe this issue may be present in approximately 5-10% of all BALL-LOCK carabiners that have the new metal sleeve. This information does not apply to the older nylon-sleeve locking system, but only to BALL-LOCK carabiners with the metal locking sleeve manufactured in 2006.
There will not be a recall of these products because a non-conforming carabiner still functions as a twist-lock carabiner. However, Petzl takes great pride in the quality of its products and wants to replace those carabiners that are non-conforming. Therefore, we suggest that you do the following:
- Inspect all of your metal-sleeve BALL-LOCK carabiners following the simple procedure below OR return them to the Petzl distributor in your country for inspection and possible replacement.
- If you do your own inspection, you may return any non-conforming product to the place of purchase (or Petzl distributor in your country) for replacement.
We apologize for this inconvenience and appreciate your attention and patience. Petzl is constantly working to improve its methods of production and quality assurance. Please do not hesitate to contact the Petzl distributor in your country with any questions you may have.